Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our spring weekend

What a wonderful first day of spring yesterday was. Such gorgeous weather and a lovely agenda. we didnt spend the night with "day day" which we are accustomed to, but instead made plans to meet up with him in the am.

Day day had put together the radio flyer tricycle that we got for Belle, and he put it in the truck and brought it over. so we actually walked up to Elmos for our breakfast and she rode her trike. She was happy as a clam. It was cool and hot at the same time and a good time was had by all... until of course... my mom called and my buttons pushed even tho I promised myself I wouldnt... i have to do something about this, because it isnt healthy for me and certainly not for miss B.

mom and john met up with us at Elmos and the breakfast was mostly uneventful. miss B grew tired of it after a while and mom wanted her to open presents. she picked up a nerf ball and that was it. so we took her outside to play and payed the bill and took off.

we walked up to the farmer's market, and I think that B and I had the most fun. the rest of the gang seemes intent on leaving and getting on with it, which is just unfortunate. as this isnt fair to B and in fact anyone else. cause the journey is the experience. but to be fair day day had lots to do yesterday and John of course probably lives in that world as my dad does.

when we got back to the apartment, we sat outside enjoying the weather for a bit. but B wanted to nurse and so I took her inside for a nap. perfect timeing she was asleep in minutes, and at 1500 mom came in with a lovely wake up call, which worked wonders for us both.

belle was havign the best time and it gave mom and me the opportunity to slip out to do a bit of grocery shopping, and i was even able to sneak in a load of laundry ... amazing what a little distraction can do.

dinner was very late, we didnt sit down to eat until 730 or so, so the b was pooped and ended up walking into the house on her own and sitting in her bean bag to watch backyardigans... she is so cute and grown up and just wonderful.

I know she feels so much more secure when mommy is with other adults that she loves and this is why she feels ok to wander off and do her own thing.

the downside to being a single parent is, that when it is just me and her, I think she feels the need to be on my side always. cause there isnt another adult around if i walk out or somewhere... her mood and behavior are evidence of this.

mom and john will go back to clt today. and i am a bit sad, cause this is probably the last time or close to it, that we will be with mom until maybe late 2011. who knows, but i have no plans to come back stateside and i cant count on anyone doing the trip over. nice that we get to be together some. i just wish mom had taken a bit mroe opportunity to come over for the months we have been here.

in two weeks we are off to my sisters for easter, and that should be lovely. we didnt invite mom and john, cause of the yuckyness that john has been doing with Sara. mom now knows we are together at easter, i am sure she wonders why we are excluding her, but it isnt my story to tell.

this week should be tough, cause i have to push off all other meetings to do a face to face on tue-wed that i am not prepared for. however, if it goes the way the last one did, it shoudl be quite productive.

i hope to gather some of tammi's time this coming weekend, so i can do a first packing job for sending stuff home. as I want to have as few bags on our long trip as possible.

another time i will write about the situation with the house repairs, as i dont want to work myself up right now.

at 0739 belle still sleeps, lovely

No comments: