Monday, January 18, 2010

Wii

Whee this should be. I broke down and bought me and B a Christmas/New Year's present. The entire kit and kaboodle. Wii + Fit Plus + Balance Board
Extravagant I know, but I know how addicted I am to video games, and I am hoping that having a video game that gets me actively doing something will be the motivation I need to get moving and get healthy.
That said: I have a fitness Age of 49. A BMI of 29 (just under obese). However, B did start crying in the middle of the test and so I "took a rest" to attend her, and they dont let you test but once per day. That and 1/2 way through my workout I took a rest to breastfeed and then she got on the balance board to do the step aerobics with me. I hope that I can get her doing some of the more simple activities that dont requrie her to deal with pressing buttons at specific times, but allow her to do hula hoops or something. I have a feeling that the board doesnt see her tho.

So I want to keep track of my progress here, this too will keep me towing the line. I will say that even though I was awake before 0400 today, I had a lot of energy throughout the day. it is so hard to get up and exercise, and i forget just how much energy it really gives you.

I want to buy B a bike, not sure if I shoudl go for a push tricycle, a regular tricycle, a big wheel, or a little girls bike with training wheels. she is 2.

i am off to pick her up and go home and try some yoga before do our bedtime routine

No comments: